Design & Build
Design and Build
A design and build contract is where the architect is employed by the building contractor either throughout the project or the architect is employed directly up to the end of the planning stage by the client and thereafter by the building contractor. At Transformations we offer a complete design and build service.
A design and build contract is primarily appropriate where the client has defined his requirements for the project and where the contractor is not only to carry out the construction works, but also to complete the design for them in accordance with the client’s requirements.
Gain complete confidence in us with a site visit
If you would like to view projects Transformations is currently undertaking, please contact us on
01273 301702 and we will arrange a site visit.
(The client or the contractor can employ the architect for this stage of the work)
- Commission a measured survey of your property
- Prepare outline design proposals
- Work up the outline proposals and prepare drawings for a planning application
(The contractor will employ the architect for stage 2 of the work)
- We will contract to architects to develop the scheme design and prepare construction drawings
- We will also contract to chartered surveyors to prepare a specification to include information on general construction of the building and the plumbing, heating, lighting, electrical services, finishes and decorations as necessary
- Our architects will also prepare drawings showing larger scale layouts and working details
- We will also employ other professional consultants such as structural engineers and possibly interior designers and incorporate their information on the drawings